For each new season, Val d'Isere carries out various projects to offer its customers the best possible experience.
- The Daille gondola lift will allow boarding 2800 people per hour instead of an initial 933. Its cabins, the latest generation of the POMA brand and designed by designer Pininfarina, have 10 heated seats, a larger interior, and Wi-Fi.
- "Le Coin de Val" is an impressive development real estate in the heart of Val d'Isere, with 900 additional beds in two 3 or 4-star hotels, two tourist residences, and condominiums. It will also house new shops, restaurants, a new reception structure with concierge service, a new covered bus station... New structures linked by an underground conveyor belt directly to the Val d'Isere ski area.
The must-see restaurants
If you regularly go to Val d'Isere, you certainly know about the restaurant "La luge" which has been around for about 50 years. This restaurant is typically Savoyard, whether in terms of its culinary specialties or with its relaxed family atmosphere. The products are chosen for their quality, you will only find farm meats. Moreover, all desserts, including ice creams, are home-made. We warmly advise you to book a table as the restaurant has a full house nearly every night!
A pancake craving? The restaurant "Crepe Val's" can offer you 200 crepes: Chinese crepe, classic, pizza, vegetarian or gluten intolerant... Alexandre, the child from Brittany who has lived in Val d'Isère since 1993, will introduce you to his specialized crepes. His secret? High-quality products that make the reputation of his creperie!
Till the next one comes along...
Download the 2019/2020 guide
In this guide, find all the information you need to plan the ideal stay in Val d'Isere:
- Neighborhood map
- Val d'Isere and Tignes slopes map
- Dates and prices for skiing in Val d'Isere and Tignes
- Daily ski pass prices per km
- What you need to know about parking & traffic
- Restaurants and activities to be tested
- New projects and recent investments in the ski resorts