Did you know?
It is in 1938 that everything begins...
At the dawn of the Second World War, Hitler decided to annex Austria to Germany, thus fleeing the English skiers then accustomed to the Austrian tracks. This is how the Scottish colonel Peter Lindsay discovered the site of the 3 Valleys...
Literally conquered by the place and in search of a haven of peace, he imagines a residential alpine village, composed of wooden chalets with stone and slate, which would preserve the original natural setting.
The first building is a chalet-hotel, Le Doron, whose interior decoration is entrusted to Charlotte Perriand, student of Corbusier. A ski lift, a 31-seater sled, lifts the dream up to 1,900 meters above sea level.
80 years later, Meribel always keeps in mind this search for architectural unity in total adequacy with its mountain environment, giving the station an authentic, harmonious and seductive image. Simplicity and discretion are the key words of all the constructions that have seen and are emerging in Meribel.
The name Meribel comes from the Latin "mirare bellum" which means "the point where the view is beautiful", the station is aptly named... Nestled in the heart of the largest ski area in the world, Meribel extends among the fir trees, in a postcard decor. Here elegance is synonymous with sobriety and harmony.
Real estate blends into its environment, nature is preserved and the landscapes are breathtaking: large white circus decorated with many fir trees and larches, breathtaking panoramas on the surrounding peaks, nature reserve Tuéda intoxicating beauty, fauna and flora ubiquitous summer and winter...
Events not to be missed!
- The Grand Ski Show: organized on Wednesday, February 14, in the style of the Olympic Games ceremonies, it will go through the eras, the gliding styles, the dress codes and the structural and architectural evolutions of the resort!
- Concerts and music-sports events: Meribel warms its mountains to make you vibrate, non-stop and in rhythm, sunny terraces of altitude to the bars electrified of the center station, from February 17 to March 30!
- My Meribel: A personalized and viral video to discover the valley like you've never seen it before! On a platform accessible exclusively on meribel.net, enter your first name, your interests and your habits (ski, Folie Douce, hotel, Christmas...) and discover a short video on YOUR Meribel!
They will make your mouth water!
- "Le Monchu Méribel": Monchu is a Savoyard word that indicates with a touch of irony the "Parisian who comes to the mountains" and all the clichés that go with it... It is with this touch of humor that Julie and Maxime Leménager have thought this new restaurant, a friendly place, smiling, greedy, curious and happy in a perfect place: in the center of the Meribel area, crossing point of the 3 Valleys.
- The Close-up: After having tasted your taste buds with traditional French cuisine, the magic operates. Cards, coins and rabbit coming out of the hat will take over. The illusions that you only thought possible on television or on stage, will happen right in front of you thanks to a magician having rubbed shoulders with the greatest ones, like Norbert Ferré, world champion of magic and other international magicians. The Close-up is the new gourmet table of Meribel!
Festivities at the chalet
What better way to celebrate 80 years of the resort than a cottage with all your tribe?
The chalet Haapiti is very well located, both close to the slopes and the center, and welcomes up to 10 people in its many warm rooms!
SURPRISE! Haapiti is part of the chalets offering two exceptional offers:
- "Special ski touring or off-piste with guide"! Discover this unmissable offer.
- "Special 3 Valleys"! Enjoy 2 6-day 3 Vallées packages offered in the largest ski area in the world.
The perfect apartment for a dream vacation!
It is not because we rent an apartment that we are necessarily few, we can rent an apartment even being, let's see... 12 people!
It's possible in the Aspen Lodge 12 apartment!
Imagine, with your loved ones, around the large wooden table, sharing a delicious hot meal near the beautiful stone fireplace. The stay is so big, warm and friendly: a treasure in the Alps. You have a view of the snowy resort thanks to the bay windows and you also have access to a very large terrace (to see the mountains even closer).
Find it also in our article: "10 colorful chalets & apartments!"