100% refunded *
All the answers to the questions which we have thought of as of 29.10.2020 are here.
What are Cimalpes' cancellation conditions relating to COVID-19?
In light of the ongoing uncertainty, we have updated our cancellation policy and refund conditions for 2020/21 winter season in order to best meet your expectations. We hope that these conditions will allow you to look forward to your long-awaited holiday without undue concern.
For the avoidance of doubt, we have added the following five clauses to our cancellation conditions as set out in section 3 of our general conditions.
*100% refund in the event of cancellation at any time before arrival due to at least one of the following reasons and according to the conditions below
If the clients are unable to travel, for the period of the booked stay, due to one of the following scenarios related to COVID-19 (effective on the date of arrival):
- If the government of the country of origin of the person who made the reservation forbids all travel abroad to France.
- If travel or border restrictions in France (ordered by the French government in response to COVID-19) prevent the person who made the reservation from travelling to France or to the rented property.
- If the ski resort in which the property is located is ordered to close for winter sports activities (for example ski lifts are closed).
- If the French government decides, up to the day before arrival, to impose quarantine restrictions on the country or geographical zone of the property for the period of the client's stay. This is on condition that the client does not spend the quarantine period in the reserved property.
- If there is a mandatory lockdown and travel prohibition in France or the country of origin of the person who made the reservation.
If the client can justify being unable to travel due to at least one scenario related to COVID-19 as described above in our cancellation conditions, a refund will be made under the following conditions:
- The client can cancel their reservation at any time. Any deposit will be retained until the date of arrival and returned no later than 15 days afterwards if one of the conditions described in our cancellation conditions is effective at the time of the booked stay.
- If the client cancels their reservation, and on the date of their stay there is no restriction on travel and the resort is open, their deposit will be refunded solely in the case where the property has been re-let in the meantime. If the property has not been re-let, and the client still wishes to cancel, Cimalpes will retain the deposit.
Our partners are also on deck and do their utmost to ensure you have a peaceful holiday.
Are you planning to book ski lessons?
In all our resorts, the ESF will either postpone if possible, or give you a full refund, free of charge, for ski lessons cancelled due to COVID-19, on presentation of proof (medical certificate or copy of an institutional decision for example).
Buy your ski passes without any worries!
For each of the resorts where Cimalpes is present, your ski passes can be 100% refunded up to the day before the first day of validity.
Valid ski passes can be refunded on a pro rata basis for days closed in the event of the ski area closing.
Depending on the resort, conditions vary:
- In Méribel, your valid ski pass will be reimbursed on a prorata temporis basis also if you have to leave early because of the COVID.
- In Saint-Martin de Belleville, you can also be reimbursed free of charge in the event of contamination of one of the people who must take part in the trip (subject to justification with a medical certificate or positive test result).
- In Megève, you will have the possibility to modify the validity dates of your "Evasion Mont Blanc" ski pass for at least two days, if you make this request no later than 48 hours before the starting date of validity of your ski pass.