The winter sports season is open! The period of holidays and weekends in the mountains is there and will ask you, first of all, a good physical preparation. To avoid these perpetual injuries and aches, it is certainly necessary to warm up your body before going to the slopes, but it is also important to prepare yourself physically more or less 6 months before the start of your stay.
Maxime, sports coach, guides you with his tips and exercises to follow.
The cardio is especially for people who do not practice physical exercise the rest of the year:
It is advisable to practice an activity such as swimming, running, rowing, cycling or elliptical 2 to 3 times a week.
It is also important to include HIIT cardio workout: High Intensity Interval Training that alternates high intensity exercises, with recovery periods, repeated several times.
For example, you can accelerate for short periods of time (for a full 30 seconds) then release (for 30 or 45 seconds of recovery) and repeat 5 times!
The abdominal reinforcement
The abdominal reinforcement is a work of cladding to strengthen the lumbar and abdominal muscles.
Some exercises are easy to do at home, 2 to 3 times a week.
- The side plank: position on the elbow, put your second arm along the body, align head/pelvis/legs, lift the entire body laterally and maintain 30 seconds. Make 3 sets on each side.
- The plank: put on the two front arms respecting the alignment head/pelvis/legs and heels engaged back to pay attention to the lumbar. Lift the body while keeping the front arms and feet on the ground. Make 3 sets of 30 seconds.
WARNING: In these 2 exercises, do not forget to breathe (inhale/exhale) and tighten your lap belt (as if you had to close a zipper from the pubis to the navel).
Possibility for the most experienced people to do the same exercises with a TRX. Pilates is also recommended.
Strengthening the lower limbs
- The chair: stick his back against a wall, shoulders relaxed, head straight (look forward), legs bent at 90 °, feet placed at pelvis width, toes slightly turned outwards, contracted abs and breathing very important . Maintain 30 to 45 sec (or more than one minute for the more advanced).
- Squats: standing, feet placed pelvic width, toes turned slightly on the outside, back straight, abs engaged, shoulders relaxed and arms crossed in front. Bend your knees pushing the buttocks backwards, your back straight, gaze forward, inhale and rise by engaging the heels to the floor and exhaling. Work from 30 to 45 seconds for 4 to 5 sets.
- Lunges: standing, back straight, pelvis width, hands on hips, head straight, look forward, contracted abs, take a big step forward, knee bending 90 °, back straight, back leg parallel to the ground on the tip of the foot, push with your leg to return to the original position. Inspiration on step forward / exhale on thrust. Work 30 to 45 seconds, during 4 to 5 sets for each leg.
Balance, stability & coordination
Put on an extended leg, hands on the hips, feet wide pelvis, the second leg at 90° direction the buttock, inhale and exhale.
For the more advanced: arms stretched out on the sides and eyes closed!
Stay between 30 seconds and 1 minute. 3 sets on each leg.
Possibility of doing it with a Bosu or a Freeman Plateau.
Stretching and hydration
Flexibility: Stretching exercises to improve posture, prevent injuries, improve relaxation and physical abilities. Breathing is also very important.
Do not forget to hydrate yourself before, during and after your session!
After your day skiing, do not forget to relax and eliminate the lactic acid present in your legs. For this, some activities are recommended such as aquabiking, pilates and stretching for example.
It's over ! These few exercises will allow you to prepare yourself better before your ski holiday. As you can see, these exercises are quite feasible from home!
Your chalet ski-in/ski-out with gym!
What could be better than getting ready before skiing with its private gym at home? And be able to hit the slopes directly thanks to its ski-in ski-out chalet of course!
Here is a selection of chalets with everything you will need to prepare yourself physically (bike, elliptical, treadmill ...)
Namaste des neiges: In addition to having a gym, this chalet also offers a massage room, two Jacuzzi (indoor and outdoor), a large pool... Everything you need to relax after a ski day!
Les Bastidons: Did you know that 3 bedrooms in this chalet have access to the terrace equipped with a beautiful outdoor jacuzzi with views of the mountains? Not to mention the private ski-room, the hammam, the swimming pool, the indoor jacuzzi, the sauna and the massage room! Everything is done to make your stay unforgettable.
Chalet des Sens: It will be possible for you to ski back in this chalet! A spa, a tea room, a gym, cinema or bar... Everything is possible and practical!
For a sports/relaxation stay in Megeve...
Push the sports experience in Megève by opting for a comfortable chalet with the best equipment!
- Chalet Edge: It enjoys a privileged location in Megève and also has a hammam, a gym, a massage room and an outdoor jacuzzi. Ideal for a return to the chalet in a relaxing version facing a splendid sunset on the slopes of Mont d'Arbois.
- Chalet Epilobes: A gym to get in shape and a sauna to relax, in addition to panoramic views of the Aravis mountains!
- Chalet Blackbird: If this chalet has a particularity, in addition to its gym, games room and sauna, this is the view it offers: a breathtaking view of Mont Blanc! You can enjoy it from the outdoor jacuzzi with your loved ones.